Sky Sports News: The actual reason why Nottingham Forest’s wish was granted while Anthony Elanga’s transfer to Newcastle United was postponed….

The real reason why Anthony Elanga to Newcastle United was delayed as Nottingham  Forest get their wish

The real reason why Anthony Elanga to Newcastle United was delayed as Nottingham Forest get their wish

Newcastle United finally have a ‘deal in place’ to sign Anthony Elanga from Nottingham Forest.

It had been reported on Sunday that Elanga to Newcastle United was close, and now an agreement is in place between the two clubs.

Newcastle United finally have a ‘deal in place’ to sign Anthony Elanga from Nottingham Forest.

It had been reported on Sunday that Elanga to Newcastle United was close, and now an agreement is in place between the two clubs.

Elanga is excited to join Newcastle, with Geordie Boot Boys told that the 23-year-old will cost an initial £55million.

There are add-ons on top of that, while the reason for the deal being delayed has now been revealed.

Anthony Elanga to Newcastle United delayed by agent change

On 4th July, Newcastle were ‘not far away’ from signing Elanga. However, it took a few more days for an offer to be fully accepted.

Speaking to Geordie Boot Boys, TBR Football’s chief correspondent Graeme Bailey has explained that the deal was never in doubt and that the delay was due to Elanga changing agents.

“The deal is in place,” he said.

“Newcastle came back with add-ons that Forest wanted and I am told it is £55million plus £5million.

“We can confirm the issue was to do with Elanga changing agents and around that, but the deal was never really in doubt.”

The real reason why Anthony Elanga to Newcastle United was delayed as Nottingham  Forest get their wish

Nottingham Forest wanted £60million for Elanga, and that is exactly what they will get if all add-ons are activated. Newcastle will hope it is money well spent, as Howe gets set to land a long-term target.

How Eddie Howe has reacted to Newcastle United agreeing a deal for Anthony Elanga

Newcastle United are closing in on their first major signing since 2023. The PSR shackles are finally off, as Eddie Howe gets set to welcome a new player to his Newcastle United squad.

Unsurprisingly, the Newcastle United manager is absolutely delighted according to Bailey.

“I’m told Eddie Howe is over the moon with the deal and I dare say a little bit relieved,” he said.

There will certainly be relief, as the Magpies have endured plenty of setbacks so far this summer. The most recent one came when Newcastle missed out on Joao Pedro to Chelsea.

But there looks set to be no missing out on Elanga, who Howe has wanted for a long time. Newcastle United tried to sign him twice in 2024, and now it is third time lucky in 2025.

Newcastle United remain big fans of £21m Giorgio Scalvini alternative, he’s ‘one to watch’

Geordie Boot Boys understands that Newcastle United remain big admirers of a centre-back who nearly joined as an alternative to Marc Guehi in 2024.

With Dan Burn and Fabian Schar approaching their mid-30s, Eddie Howe has come to the realisation that he must sign a younger centre-back this summer as their long-term replacement.

Newcastle United have less of a problem replacing Burn, as they already have 25-year-old Sven Botman at their disposal. However, the Magpies still need to sign someone to replace Schar, who turns 34 in December.

Anthony Elanga transfer to Newcastle on brink with one small hurdle left to  clear

It was reported that Newcastle are interested in Atalanta defender Giorgio Scalvini. The 21-year-old made just eight appearances in Serie A last season, but has still caught the eye of Howe’s recruitment team this summer.

However, Newcastle have been informed that Scalvini will be hard to buy, meaning they must look elsewhere for a young defender. With a centre-back on the shopping list, football transfer correspondent Graeme Bailey has informed Geordie Boot Boys of a defender Newcastle are big fans of who could sign this summer.

Malick Thiaw looks on during an AC Milan training session.

Newcastle United remain interested in Malick Thiaw

Last summer, Newcastle put in a £70million offer for Marc Guehi, which was rejected by Crystal Palace. Sporting director Paul Mitchell was frustrated that the Guehi deal never happened and was not able to sign a centre-back for Howe that summer.

While the deal for Guehi was going on, Newcastle were also looking to sign Malick Thiaw from AC Milan. The Magpies were willing to put down £30m for Thiaw, but the Italian giants wanted much more than that.

With Newcastle still looking for a centre-back, Bailey informed Geordie Boot Boys that Thiaw to Newcastle is the “one to watch”.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*