Breaking: Tottenham receives the most recent £60 million transfer hint from Nottingham Forest’s team news Because of…

Morgan Gibbs-White wants Nottingham Forest answers in £60m Tottenham  transfer spat latest

Nottingham Forest team news hands Tottenham latest £60m transfer clue

Spurs eyes will be in Chesterfield this weekend with Nottingham Forest in pre-season action.

Tottenham Hotspur transfer target Morgan Gibbs-White is set to feature in the Nottingham Forest matchday squad today, having been spotted arriving at the ground ahead of the pre-season fixture against AS Monaco.

Forest take on the Ligue 1 outfit in their second match of pre-season preparations on Saturday afternoon at Chesterfield’s SMH Group Stadium. The Premier League side drew 0-0 with the Spireites in their first pre-season run out last weekend. Gibbs-White was one of the first team players to miss out against Chesterfield last time out.

Spurs have been heavily linked with transfer interest in the 25-year-old this summer as Thomas Frank looks to boost his squad ahead of the 2025/26 campaign. Nottingham Forest had written to both Tottenham Hotspur and the agent of the player this week with legal concerns.

Tottenham Hotspur target wants transfer solution

Nottingham Forest threatened legal action over what they believed to be an unlawful approach for Gibbs-White and a breach of confidentiality law in the player’s contract. Spurs are understood to believe they have done nothing wrong and remain interested in the star after a £60 million bid was rejected – it had been claimed that £60 million would be enough to trigger a release clause in the player’s contract.

Gibbs-White has since been training with Forest since Monday morning, after it had been claimed that a Spurs medical had been booked for last Friday. The Standard now reports that the player wants a solution to the debacle before Nottingham Forest head to Portugal for training this weekend.

🔴 LIVE New Contract For Gibbs-White To STAY At Nottingham Forest! Tottenham  Hotspur Set To Miss Out? - YouTube

Forest, who will now play in the Europa League next season following Crystal Palace’s demotion to the Conference League, have already lost attacking impetus this summer with Anthony Elanga joining Newcastle United.

Thomas Frank addresses Nottingham Forest transfer saga

Tottenham Hotspur manager Thomas Frank was asked about the transfer saga in his pre-match press conference ahead of the Reading match on Saturday afternoon. He said: “You know me well so I will use what I’ve always said and that is that I won’t speak about players from outside the club.”

Football Insider believe that Gibbs-White will end the transfer window a Tottenham Hotspur player, despite complications with the deal. The outlet claims that Forest have ‘very little legal standing’ to block the deal given the existence of a release clause.

Spurs have already strengthened their attacking options with the arrival of Mohammed Kudus from West Ham for £55 million. Speaking about that transfer, Frank said: “Great signing from the club. Top work from Daniel [Levy] and [Spurs technical director] Johan [Lange], getting a very good player in. He will give us some of that unpredictability in the game. His finishing is very good and he is almost at the perfect age to perform and to hit the next level.”

In other news, Tottenham confirm double transfer exit hours ahead of Reading kick-off.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*