
As well as Adam Wharton, Tottenham now want to sign another Crystal Palace player who adores Micky van de Ven
Tottenham are making some seriously exciting moves this summer.
Firstly, Thomas Frank was appointed, a man who has cemented himself as one of the most impressive managers in the Premier League since winning promotion with Brentford in 2021.
Spurs have since splashed £55m to sign Mohammed Kudus for the Dane, also bringing Kota Takai to N17 for £5m and spending £30m to obtain Mathys Tel permanently.
Now – according to L’Equipe – Tottenham are keen to bolster the defence with a move for Maxence Lacroix of Crystal Palace.
Tottenham like Maxence Lacroix
The French news outlet state that the Crystal Palace No.5 is of interest to Spurs after his impressive debut campaign in England last season.
Lacroix made 44 appearances in all competitions – scoring one goal – as the Eagles won the FA Cup.
L’Equipe add that Borussia Dortmund are also keen on the 25-year-old.
Lacroix is not the only Crystal Palace player Tottenham like, with Spurs also keen on signing Adam Wharton.
Tottenham also looked at Eberechi Eze earlier this summer, but their recent approach for Morgan Gibbs-White suggests the north Londoners have opted to pursue different options for the attacking midfield role.
Thomas Frank could reunite a special partnership between Micky van de Ven and Maxence Lacroix
Should Lacroix end up at Spurs, a close friend would already be at Hotspur Way waiting for him in Micky van de Ven.
The Netherlands international and the Frenchman played together at VfL Wolfsburg before their respective moves to the Premier League, making 29 appearances together.
Lacroix even said he was “proud” of Van de Ven for his efforts at Tottenham, telling Kicker: “Great, Micky is damn fast. I’m happy for him that things are going so well at Tottenham. I am proud of him.
“Micky is a really good talent and player. 100 metres? He’s quick, but I think I can beat him.”
On that note, Lacroix and Van de Ven are both amongst the fastest central defenders in Europe, so if Frank is able to pair them in the same backline, it would open up new doors for the Dane tactically.
Morgan Gibbs-White leaves fans certain he is heading to Tottenham after what he did in Nottingham Forest friendly
Tottenham target Morgan Gibbs-White took part in a friendly between Nottingham Forest and Monaco on Saturday.
The England international played 45 minutes against the French giants despite strong interest from Spurs, in what was his first outing of the summer for the Reds after an extended break due to international commitments.
Despite playing in the game, Gibbs-White remains keen on a move to Spurs.
The north Londoners are even said to be thinking about offering Nottingham Forest £5m on top of his £60m release clause to push a deal through, according to the Daily Mail.
Now, Tottenham fans believe the move is edging closer after seeing what Morgan Gibbs-White did during the 0-0 draw against Monaco.
Tottenham fans react to Morgan Gibbs-White gesture
The Nottingham Forest No.10 was filmed by a supporter applauding fans at the interval of the clash against Monaco, and also made a heart gesture in their direction before heading down the tunnel.
Many would take that as a declaration of his love for Nottingham Forest, and potentially a sign that he wants to stay, but Tottenham fans believe quite the opposite.
One wrote “looks like goodbye to me” on X (previously known as Twitter) after seeing the footage.
That aforementioned story from the Daily Mail added that Gibbs-White, who Manchester City looked at, is unwilling to fly with the Reds on their trip to Portugal on Monday, so this interaction could well be the last time he sees these Nottingham Forest fans.
Another Spurs fan was quite confident in saying this gesture means farewell, writing: “Yep he’s gone. Get in, welcome.”
A Tottenham fan also opined that Gibbs-White “knows what he was doing” when addressing these Nottingham Forest supporters, with another adding that he is now “off to join a big club” in a dig at the Reds.
What Nottingham Forest have been doing of late after Tottenham approached Morgan Gibbs-White is telling
Despite the fury of Evangelos Marinakis and the threat of legal action from Nottingham Forest, it does seem as if the Reds are preparing to sell the 25-year-old.
Ben Jacobs claims that Nottingham Forest are trying to buy themselves time to sign a replacement by kicking off over Gibbs-White, with Bilal El Khannouss of Leicester being monitored.
Nottingham Forest also expressed interest in Thiago Almada before Atletico Madrid stole in, who also plays in attacking midfield, so those at the City Ground do seem to be preparing to lose the man born in Stafford.
Leave a Reply