DONE DEAL: £55m Sensational ace with 18-goal premier League has finally reached a verbal agreement to join West Ham United ‘s after Everton approach…..

The Transfer Show: The latest transfer news from every Premier League club

Sheffield United’s Michael Cooper emerges on West Ham ‘wanted list’ after Everton approach as £15m claim made

West Ham United reportedly have Sheffield United goalkeeper Michael Cooper on their wanted list.

The 25-year-old joined the Blades from Plymouth Argyle last year, with the initial fee reported as being in the £2m region.

It soon became apparent the club had landed a bargain, as Cooper delivered a series of solid displays between the sticks

It is believed Sheffield United would want around £15m for the goalkeeper, who does appear ready to test himself as a number one in the top flight.

Ruben Selles on Michael Cooper

Cooper was absent for a recent friendly against Burton Albion, setting tongues wagging.

Blades boss Ruben Selles, however, was quick to quell speculation by insisting the stopper is staying put.

After a 2-1 win over the Brewers, he said: “He’s definitely staying, it’s not about that. I understand the concerns because people are not there day by day but it’s nothing related to that.

“The last game was a decision from me to give game-time to the other goalkeepers. On Tuesday he felt a bit of discomfort in the knee but he should be back in a couple of days.”

Cooper is not the only Blade to have attracted interest, with speculation regarding the future of midfielder Gustavo Hamer rife.

West Ham line up Cooper after Everton rejection, £15m to seal deal

Leeds have been linked with the former Netherlands youth international, as have Everton and PSV Eindhoven.

MORE: Championship club ‘winning race’ for Hull City and Sheffield United-linked forward

Timothy Weah’s agent won’t sanction Nottingham Forest move

Timothy Weah (25) is still looking to leave Juventus before the closure of the transfer window, but a move to the Premier League looks highly unlikely, as the player’s agent has made abundantly clear.

Weah has been the subject of interest from Olympique de Marseille throughout the summer. The USMNT international has already agreed personal terms with OM, however, talks between the Ligue 1 side and Juventus are stalling.

It is in this context that the player’s agent, Babou Sambagué, has criticised one member of the Juventus hierarchy. L’Équipe understands that the individual targeted is CEO Damien Comolli, who Sambagué accuses of causing “problems” and lacking “class“.

West Ham ‘agree’ move for 88-goal striker after rejecting Newcastle United contract

Newcastle United latest news: Former Newcastle United striker Callum Wilson is reportedly closing in on a move to West Ham this summer.

Callum Wilson confirmed that his five year spell at Newcastle United was coming to an end earlier this month, revealing that he would leave St James’ Park as a free agent. The Magpies had offered Wilson a new contract, but the 33-year-old rejected that deal in favour of seeking a new challenge elsewhere.

In his message, shared by RMC Sport, Sambagué also accuses the individual (the agent never mentions Comolli by name) of trying to send him to the Premier League. L’Équipe understands that Comolli was trying to sell Weah to Nottingham Forest, specifically.

West Ham plotting Championship raid for new goalkeeper after Everton had  approach turned down | The Sun

Sambagué says that he will not sanction such a move. “This person (the unnamed individual in Juventus’ hierarchy) wanted to force him (Weah) to go where he wanted him to go. Now, out of vengeance, he is asking for a fortune and is waiting for an offer from the Premier League, which won’t come and will never be accepted by us,” said the Juve player’s agent.

His final season as a Newcastle United player saw Wilson score just once, in an FA Cup clash against Birmingham City, failing to register a single Premier League goal in that time. Speaking to DAZN earlier this month, Wilson revealed his desires to continue playing football at the highest level, stating he isn’t content with just being a back-up option.

Everton FC willing to pay around £5m for Sheffield United's Michael Cooper

“I am 33. I have still got so much to give in the game,” Wilson said.

“It is just difficult, you are playing at a club when you have got arguably one of the best strikers in world football at the moment, in the form of Alex Isak, to break in is difficult. I am never one who shies away from a fight, I would happily be there to push and take my opportunity when it arose, but it just didn’t seem to arise in the back end of the season.

“I was fit from January, I made two starts and numerous substitute appearances but they were all five or 10 minutes here or there. Alex deserves the right [to play].

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*