
Fabrizio Romano: Tottenham ‘Working On’ Signing Gibbs-White Alternative
Tottenham Hotspur are ‘working on’ an alternative for Morgan Gibbs-White, after the England international signed a new contract at Nottingham Forest, according to Fabrizio Romano, writing in his exclusive GIVEMESPORT newsletter.
Spurs made a move to secure the signature of Gibbs-White earlier in the summer transfer window, activating his release clause. Unfortunately for the north London club, Forest made a legal complaint due to the nature of their approach, and subsequently, a move fell through, with Gibbs-White signing a new deal with The Tricky Trees on Saturday.
A move to sign Gibbs-White would now appear to be dead in the water, considering he has signed a new contract, at least for this summer. As a result, we could see Spurs make a move to sign another attacking midfielder before the end of the summer transfer window.
Fabrizio Romano: Tottenham ‘Working On’ Gibbs-White Alternative
They are no names just yet
Writing in his exclusive GIVEMESPORT newsletter, Romano has discussed the prospect of Tottenham signing an alternative to Gibbs-White in the summer window. The respected reporter confirms that Spurs are working on it at the moment, but he hasn’t mentioned any possible names who could arrive through the door.
“They’re working on it [alternative targets for Gibbs-White. As soon as I know, I will tell you.”
Morgan Gibbs-White’s Premier League statistics – Forest squad ranking | ||
---|---|---|
Stats | Output | Squad rank |
Appearances | 34 | =10th |
Assists | 8 | 2nd |
Key Passes Per Game | 1.5 | 1st |
Shots Per Game | 1.8 | 2nd |
Dribbles Per Game | 0.9 | =3rd |
Match rating | 7.00 | 2nd |
Reports have suggested that Tottenham have recently held talks over signing a new attacking midfielder over the last few weeks. James McAtee is said to be an option from Manchester City, while they’ve also spoken to RB Leipzig star Xavi Simons over a possible move, according to reports.
GIVEMESPORT sources recently confirmed that Kobbie Mainoo has been discussed by the north London club. Manchester United haven’t given any indication that he could head through the exit door this summer, but Spurs have reached out to try and discover the potential conditions of a deal.
Forget Yoanne Wissa: Newcastle United can sign an even better hidden gem striker for £40m
Newcastle United’s frustrating search for a striker hit the headlines once again when Brentford declared that Yoane Wissa would not be available for a transfer this summer.
This comes just days after Newcastle had an opening bid in the region of £26m turned down for the 28-year-old striker with initial reports suggesting that the Magpies would be willing to increase their offer to around £30m with a potential £5m included in performance related add-ons.
Wissa is said to be furious with Brentford for not sanctioning the deal and it’s reported by Sky Sports that he does not intend to train or play with the club again after his promise of being allowed to leave this summer was broken. The DR Congo international is thought to be extremely keen on a transfer to St. James’ Park this summer due to his desire of playing in the Champions League.
Newcastle are thought to be huge admirers of Wissa after his 19-goal season for the Bees last term, with all of his strikes coming from open play last term. However, they are thought to be reluctant to pay over the odds for a striker that turns 29 later this year and are thought to be unwilling to pay Brentford’s reported price tag of around £50m, according to claims from reporter Ben Jacobs.
Wissa is believed to be still holding out for a move to Newcastle but at this stage it’s reported that the Magpies are pursuing alternative options as their scramble for a striker continues.
Why Newcastle United must sign a striker this summer
Heading into the season, Newcastle United were already short in the striker department when it became clear that Callum Wilson had no intention of signing a new incentive-based contract with the club.The 33-year-old had a nightmare with injuries last season and failed to score in 18 appearances, leaving the inexperienced William Osula as the only alternative to talismanic Swede, Alexander Isak.
Newcastle were heavily reliant on Isak and expressed an interest in signing the likes of Yoane Wissa, Joao Pedro and Hugo Ekitike to try and add competition for the 25-year-old before even learning of Isak’s intentions to explore other options. With Isak now considering his future in the North East it seems probable that the club will haveo sign at least two proven goalscorers if the Swede is to depart.
he £40m Yoanne Wissa alternative Newcastle United could target
Regardless of what happens with Alexander Isak, Newcastle United are desperately short of options in the striker department and need to sign a proven finisher this summer.One potential alternative to Yoanne Wissa that Newcastle could consider is Mika Biereth of AS Monaco.
Biereth is a 22-year-old centre forward that is currently making waves in France with AS Monaco after moving to Stade Louis II for a reported figure of just £10.8m during the January transfer window. He scored a combined total of 27 goals across all competitions last season, including 13 in 16 matches in France after completing his January transfer.
Biereth was born in London and came through the ranks at Fulham before catching the eyes of Arsenal in 2021. During his final year in the Cottagers academy he scored 25 goals and assisted 15 in 37 appearances for the Under-18 team before moving to the Emirates Stadium.He never got the chance to play for Arsenal but did feature in the matchday squad as a substitute on four occasions.
Biereth is a natural poacher with great strength, movement while always causing the opposition problems with his pressing. He’s reported by Caught Offside to be valued at around £40m and could prove a great addition to Newcastle’s striking options.
“I’m quite a simple striker, a bit old fashioned in terms of not too bothered about build-up play and looking pretty and appearing in too many YouTube highlights,” Biereth explains.
“I stick to my job and try and do it as efficiently as possible, and that is score goals.A lot of my goals are not the prettiest ones, probably rebounds within the five-yard line and really close to the goal. That’s just how I play.”
He’s much less proven than Wissa but is six years younger and from a PSR perspective could represent good market value if he continues to score goals at the same rate in years to come.
Leave a Reply