June 15, 2024

Fabrizio Romano says Chelsea have rejected £40m bid for player after talking with Mauricio Pochettino

Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Chelsea have now rejected a bid in excess of £40m for Conor Gallagher from West Ham.

He took to Twitter to state that the Blues rejected the bid after discussing internally, including talking to Maurcio Pochettino about it.

Gallagher has featured heavily in both pre-season victories for Chelsea this summer, and has actually been one of the most impressive players under the new manager so far.

However, this has not seen rumours disappear over him potentially being on the move, with a number of Premier League sides obviously interested in a deal.

West Ham United have established themselves as the favourites for the deal, with them recently seeing a large cash injection off the back of the sale of Declan Rice.

Chelsea reject Gallagher bid because of Pochettino

Reports broke last night that they had submitted their first official bid for the England international, offering a large transfer fee for the 24-year-old.

However, Romano has claimed this morning that the Blues have rejected a bid from their London rivals after speaking to the manager out in America.

He said: “Chelsea have rejected West Ham first bid for Conor Gallagher around £40m with add-ons.

“After discussing internally and also with Mauricio Pochettino, Chelsea decided to reject. West Ham remain interested but Chelsea want at least £50m to sell Conor.”

The Blues have already parted ways with a number of key midfielders this summer, seeing the likes of N’golo Kante and Mateo Kovacic move on to Saudi Arabia and Manchester City respectively.

While the fee being discussed for Gallagher is obviously appealing, they should make sure that they do not sell too many players and leave themselves scrapping for reinforcements late in the window.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *